Vendor Resources 2022
Our 2022 online application is now available from the drop down menu below.
Contacting a Vendor
If you are looking to contact a vendor you have seen at the Ladner Village Market, please send an email to email@example.com with a description of the product the vendor has, where they were located within the market and a phone number we may reach you at. We will attempt to reply to your inquiry within 3 business days of your request.
The Application Process
The Ladner Village Market is a first class, village market that brings together “make it, bake it, grow it” vendors, community organization and 48th Avenue merchants to create a community enhancing event in Ladner Village.
The Ladner Village Market has over 135 vendor spaces on each Sunday which are filled by one of the over 225 vendors we work with each year.
If you think the Ladner Village Market could be a great fit for your handcrafted product, please check out the details below.
The Ladner Village Market is guided by a make it, bake it, grow it philosophy. All vendor items and services must be produced by the vendor to be accepted into the market.
If you are a community or non-profit group operating in South Delta, we have a category specifically dedicated to our community and non-profit groups. Preference is given to non-profit organizations that are located in or affiliated with the South Delta Community.
The following items are not applicable for this market:
- Carnival like food including Cotton Candy, Candy Apples, Kettle Corn or Popcorn
- Wineries, Craft Breweries, Distilleries
- Nationally distributed packaged foods
- Businesses that operate under a franchise agreement
- Items that are produced by a secondary manufacturer
- Cannabis in any form including CBD oil
Ladner Village Market spots are allocated in 10×10’ increments. Each vendor is responsible for providing their own table, tent, table coverings and anything else required for their display. As this is a rain or shine event, all vendors are required to have either a tent or umbrella to provide both sun protection on hot days and rain protection on the rare times of inclement weather.
Some vendor categories have a limit on the number of market dates that you may select. This helps us to maintain a broad range of products offered within this category and allows the market to bring in some newness each year.
For more information about our vendor spots at the Ladner Village Market, please review our FAQ document attached. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may provide you with specific answers to your questions.
Now that you have been introduced to the Ladner Village Market, we would like to learn about your business.
All prospective vendors now have the opportunity to fill out an application form for the Ladner Village Market. This application form will assist us with the following information:
- The type of product that you wish to sell
- Which market dates you would like to attend
- How we can contact your business
- What your specific booth needs are
- 3 Sample images of the product you create and your booth display
The Ladner Village Market will be accepting vendor application forms and payments for the months to come. All applications will be processed in the order that they are received. Preference will be given to returning vendors until March 15th. New vendor applications will then be considered by product category.
Once your application form has been reviewed and approved by the vendor selection committee, you will be advised of next steps and payment information.
All vendors are reviewed each year and some vendors may be requested to attend a jurying appointment to present a selection of the product being offered. The Ladner Village Market works very hard to maintain a balance of high quality products across a number of categories. A number of different factors are considered in accepting vendors for this market including unique product offering, quality of items, presentation, seniority and customer service. The Ladner Village Market is an invitation only event. Each season, we review our product mix and typically a few new vendors are invited in each category.
The 2022 Application Form is now accepting applications.
We look forward to seeing you on your first market of the season. Upon arrival at the market at approximately 8am, you will check in with the market volunteers in front of South Coast Casuals, located at 5028 48th Avenue, to receive your spot location, details about vendor parking and answers to any other questions you might have. Please ensure that you read the Rules and Regulations of the Market which are presented as part of the application process and emailed to you after successful application submission.
Thank you for choosing the Ladner Village Market ~ We look forward to a successful season.
INFORMATION & REGULATIONS
The Ladner Village Market is an open air market located on 48th Avenue in Ladner Village, a community in Delta, 10 minutes from the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal. In past years over 150 vendors showcased their produce, plants, artisan goods, small food products as well as community group participation. Live music, buskers, face painters and great food offered by our local restaurants and eateries round out the market.
RULES OF THE MARKET
● Vendor spaces are 10′ x 10′; vendors supply their own tables, chairs, covering and display units
● All participating vendors must be critical of their booth display, have table skirting reach the ground to hide excess stock etc., good signage and necessary food permits displayed.
● If electricity is required– vendors must bring a 3 prong 14 guage grounded extension cord labeled with vendor’s name. We have limited power available so please ensure you complete your power requirements on the application form.
● The type of good/product being sold, as described on the vendor’s application form, cannot be substituted or added to without notification and approval of the Ladner Village Market.
● Check-in is from 7:30am to 9am at the registration desk in front of 5028 48th Ave. You must check in at each market, before you set up, as your location may be altered slightly from one market to the next.
● You must be checked in by 9am or your space will be offered to a wait listed vendor. If you are unable to attend for any reason notify us by eMail email@example.com.
● All booths must be set up and vehicles off the street by 9:30am. Obtain your booth location, unload your vehicle & move your vehicle to one of the three designated parking lots, prior to setting up your booth.
● Vendors must use tent weights at all times in case of high winds
● The market runs rain or shine (Ladner does not get much rain compared to the rest of the Lower Mainland); fees are non refundable and no-shows may be refused entry to future markets.
● Markets run until 4pm; early take-down is not permitted. At 4pm you may start to pack up your booth; please pack your entire booth and coverings before bringing your vehicle into the market area. This speeds up your loading process. Vehicles will not be permitted into the market area until 4:20pm at the earliest dependent on crowd dispersal.
● All garbage must be taken with you, including empty boxes.
● Please bring a broom and sweep up your booth if needed. Produce, Plant & Food vendors please note.
● Public washroom facilities with hand washing facilities are available at each end of the market
● Smoking is not permitted by vendors in the market area
● No animals permitted within your booth.
PARKING – watch for signage on the day
● Do not park on the adjacent streets or shopping mall lots as this parking is for customers; not vendors. Those that do not abide will be asked not to return. Make sure your staff and/or volunteers are aware of parking rules.
● Parking for vendors is located at 2 locations. A map will be provided to you when you check-in for your booth location.